Evolve currently provides support and accommodation within three schemes. Each scheme has a particular focus in terms of the service users need.
Support is provided by dedicated support workers who work directly with service users according to a collaboratively composed individual support plan.
In addition to planned support time, service users have access to on-site sleep in cover overnight. One scheme is staffed 24/7 whilst the other scheme is staffed between 9am - 5pm daily (although this is flexible according to need).
Service users can expect the following as part of their support plan:-
- Provision of support and resettlement services, which will include help progressing move on accommodation plans and at times helping service users to link with the local district councils in order to review their housing options.
- Support in securing suitable accommodation, as well as assistance in returning to their own accommodation.
- Support to live independently and gain confidence as well as the skills necessary for independent living. Such as budgeting, daily routine, organising utility connections and cooking.
- How to access benefits and health and community care services.
- Support in transitioning to other supported living environments and longer-term residential care.
- Support in managing and improving mental and physical health.
- Support to engage with and contribute to the community in which the service user lives and be a good neighbour/tenant. This includes help in establishing and maintaining social support networks, through accessing social and leisure opportunities in the wider community.
- Support in moderating anti-social behaviour including signposting and referring for appropriate specialist resources.